Sunday 18 November 2007

Welcome!

Welcome to my new blog! I've had to move over all my stuff to a new blog, so there will be a few posts on each day as I get it all sorted. I hope you will enjoy reading my blog and enjoy the cards I post here, hopefully along with tutorials & projects, templates, best buys and my favourite place links.


I recently made a few cards using the lovely Footprints (in the Sand) stamp, by Inkadinkado. Used a Brilliance Pearlescent Ice Blue inkpad - on dark blue grained cardstock (this colour always looks so fab inked on dark cardstock.) Then used a ruler to tear around the sides and stuck it down onto mottled white cardstock which I had first run through my Big Shot using the D'Vine Swirls cuttlebug embossing folder (if you haven't tried the cuttlebug embossing folders yet - do, they a wonderful - I will blog about them later - for card inspiration try http://sentimentsbydenise.typepad.com/!) Some silver organza ribbon highlighted each corner - then stuck whole thing onto dark blue A6 folded card using double-sided 3D foam tape. For writing on the inside, I used a silver gel pen, which worked really well.


Here is another variation on this card - without the ribbon and instead roughly tearing around the stamped image.


Tell me - which version do you prefer?

My last card here was made for my husband's Gran - she's 92, so I wanted something a little traditional (a flower!) but was also vibrant, 3D and that she would enjoy looking at. Used the huge Ellison Thick Cuts Flower Daisy#2 (which is the same as the new Sizzix Bigz Die - Flower, Daisy #3) with some fabulous bright pink grained paper (unbranded) to cut out 4 flowers - stuck down with double-sided tape and curled the ends of the petals. Several leaves cut with a Sizzix Medium Leaves die and letters from the Sizzix Sizzlits Girls Are Weird alphabet set - both in pale green cardstock. Finished off with a few pink flower brads in the middle and some thin pink organza ribbon. All mounted on a white square card, trimmed to a deckle edge using the Edgemaster/Carl Rotary Trimmer. Pink and pretty!


No comments: