Sunday 18 November 2007

Competitions

Crafting competitions abound on the Internet - some of them worth doing, others not. So when I see a good one, I'll let you know! TrimCraft have one just now, to publicise their upcoming new website. The first prize is a £250 store voucher. They just want your email address - http://www.trimcraft.co.uk/competition.php. Their website has some pretty good project pages on it too - I like looking at card galleries and project pages to see different layouts and then use my existing crafting stock and stamps to create a similar format card. I suppose I should get organised and try some of the card challenges out there!
Here is another card I have made with Perfect Pearls powder. I used a Rubber Stampede Gerbera stamp with versamark ink and then brushed on the powders. I layered the stamped card bit onto torn mulberry paper and stuck it onto the folded card. Added ribbon and a smaller sunflower embellishment - I made the embellishment with a Krafty Lady Art Mould from the Stamp Bug (http://www.thestampbug.co.uk/) and paperclay. Coloured the dry sunflower (its actually called Daisy 1) with pearlescent inks and stuck it onto the card. Finished off with a die cut MUM using some alphabet punches. Jane from the Stamp Bug does some great art mould workshops - well worth a visit.

No comments: