Tuesday 20 November 2007

Card Layout

Yesterday I was looking to make a lilac card with layers and finally came up with the following card, which once thought out, took no time at all. Do you find that 3/4 of your time is taken up with thinking about what design of card to use and then finding all the right materials, stamps, etc? I certainly do! I keep telling myself when I hit on a good one, I should make up a batch of at least 5, to make good use of all that thinking and prep.time.

Anyway, here is the card and I like it so much, I will make more - when I have time - and I also plan to use the same design using different stamps and colour cardstock to see how many different looks I can come up with! I've done a plan of the card layout, so I - and you can reproduce it - what do you think?

Lilac piece of card with torn edge - stamped with Rubber Stampede Daisy blossom flower and Artifacts small flowers stamps - in Brilliance Pearlescent Lavender, then matted onto Navy card piece with torn edge - all edges inked. Lavender organza ribbon wrapped around the finished matt, then piece stuck to Lavender base card. Just Thinking of You (Rubber Stampede again) stamped onto piece of lilac, matted onto Navy and then this finally matted onto card to. Finished off with some irridescent glitter in the flower centres.

Realistically, I probably won't be able to do any more of these this week! But check me out this time next week - and let me know if the layout helps you too!

1 comment:

Marge said...

I so agree, Su, that sometimes it's takes so much time to come up with what matches & works together! I thought it was just me!!! ;0)