Tuesday 27 November 2007

My first Stampin' Up! Cards

I finally got the photos to upload! Here are the 2 cards that I made last week.

They are pretty simple and copied directly from the SU booklet as I needed something really quick and easy, having only half an hour or so to make a couple of cards up, after getting all the stamps mounted and my paper and ink organised!
For the birthday card, I just love the combination of tempting turquoise and green galore. I used flowers from the Mixed Bouquet Set - creating a watermark effect with versamark ink on the blue card. Wrapped white SU ribbon around that and then mounted onto the green. Stamped a flower from Mixed Bouquet set in green galore and on top stamped a birthday greeting (from Cheers and Wishes set) in black - mounted this onto the watermarked turquoise.

Thank You card is made with SU real red and green galore card stock. Used the Jumbo Spot On Stampin Around Wheel with versamark ink to create a watermarked border (sorry, it didn't show up well in the photo) down the right hand half of the card (what fun I am going to have with these Stampin Around wheels, they are great!) Then stamped the flower and thank you circle from the Seeing Spots set, in real red and green galore inks, onto a small white square. Mounted that onto green galore card and then stuck onto centre of card.


















I love the way these SU stamp sets, along with the card and ink, co-ordinate so that all the hard work is taken out of designing a card, if a quick one is needed. I really need to build up a stock of cards, as it is always a last minute rush making a card for someone - I'll do this whilst having fun, playing around with these new sets.

No comments: