Sunday 13 January 2008

I'm Back!

Well Christmas and New Year were like a whirlwind and I am only just getting back into the swing of things - hence my long absence, apologies!

But, in those great words from Independence Day - 'I'm Back' and I suppose my NYR should be to blog every day - we'll have to see!

Here are some of the cards that I made over the holidays:

I used the Cuttlebug D'Vine Swirls as the background and a cute House/New Home Stamp (Katie&Co) which I coloured with Gelly Glaze pens. Added a ribbon and some mats.
Sympathy Cards are always hard to make.
I used some notepaper from Sainsbury's as the background as it has a faint watermark type pattern on it - really lovely. I bought the block of paper thinking I wouldn't have to cut the squares down, but I did to get the brown card matt to fit onto the card! Used the Fiskars Imperial Corner/Photo Punch.
A Sizzix cut & emboss flower was highlighted with some pearlescent ink and the message is a Rubber Stampede one I have.
Changing from my brown theme, the Cuttlebug embossers again came in handy for 2 quick cards. The heart one combines a sizzix heart with a cuttlebug love embossing folder which just fitted the small heart. I guess I may make a few more like this one for next month!

I liked the way the Get Well Card eventually turned out. I'm still working on getting the colouring right on the embossed backgrounds. Here I used a waterpen with tri-colour Brilliance Pearlescent ink pad - as it matched the stamped greeting. I jazzed up the white card by notching the corners, using a small circle punch the wrong way. Looks good with the lilac scalloped matt.

15 comments:

Gwen said...

Hey! welcome back su! glad to see some of your beautiful creations! love your cards! looking forward to more!
Gwen

Kelly said...

Welcome back! I love the coloring on the embossing from the last cards.

debby4000 said...

Lovely to see you back on the crafty trail again, great cards, love all the embossing.

Sallyh said...

Great to see you back - didn't the holiday just fly by? I love your cards, the sympathy one is lovely I think I might have to get that die!!

Etha said...

Well welcome back Su :)
I love all your cuttlebugged cards, these folders are so much fun! I'm still missing the heart one...
The coloring with the glaze pens is wonderful, did you know you can mix those colors too?
Looking forward to seeing all your creations this year!!

Kathy W said...

Welcome back SU! I was hoping you got to go on Holiday or something.
Thanks for sharing all your great work. The embossing is great, the sympathy one almost looks like metal. I have never tried the jelly pens, like the look they give to the card.
Kathy sbs8

Kim said...

All so beautiful - you've inspired me to put my CB folders to use. Kim sbs8

Frances said...

great cards, don't you just love the cuttlebug's embossing folders?! So easy to use but stunning effects.

Frances said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
JB-Crafting Supplies said...

Welcome back Su! Lovely to see some of your cards! Looking forward to seeing more!

Julie
SBS-8

Samm said...

Welcome back and what a busy bee you've been too!!! lovely cards! love a bit of cuttlebugging!

Samm
x

Samm said...

Welcome back and what a busy bee you've been too!!! lovely cards! love a bit of cuttlebugging!

Samm
x

A Hovel to Home said...

Hello, welcome back.

Love all of your cards.

Kay SBS8

Marge said...

Hi, Su,

I really love your sympathy card; those are the worst challenge for me! Yours is just so awesome!

Marge-SBS8

Anita Van Hal said...

Hey Su! I LOVE this card! Very pretty...how did you do the scalloped piece? A punch? Nestibilites die?

You do beautiful work; and welcome to Stampin' Up! too!

Anita Van Hal
stampn@westriv.com
SBS8