Thursday 24 September 2009

SU Convention 2009

Hi,
We are all getting pretty excited as the first ever SU Convention for UK Demos gets closer! It is definately going to be the highlight of the crafting year!

It's open to all European Demos (France, Germany & UK) and this year is being held in Frankfurt, Germany - on Friday 6th & Saturday 7th November. To get a flavour of what we can expect - try searching SU Convention in google. Add the word 'swap' and you'll be rewarded with lots of lovely card photos to give you plenty of inspiration for your next card/project.

As the first for us, it's going to be a somewhat smaller affair than the US one (which I think has around 4,000 delegates - can you imagine getting your swaps ready for that? LOL!) They haven't announced booking figures for our event, but I imagine it will just be in the hundreds.

The Convention is open to all demos - including hobbyists, discounters and those who join SU in the next couple of weeks - so there is still just time to join up and book, if you would like to go.

There is a booking fee (which covers the workshops/make n' takes, demonstrations, special SU Mall, the big convention dinner on the friday night, and also a goodie bag with 2 free stamp sets.) Due to it being in Germany there are extra travel/accomodation expenses - so it is not an especially cheap event. However, I think it going to be worth every penny and I am so excited to be going!

If you are interested, would like to know more about Convention, or find out about joining SU - do please email or ring me on 07906 111796. Convention closing date is early October, so don't hang about! More information about joining SU can be found on my website here.

I am especially excited by all the Convention Swaps I'll be doing - I am in 3 organised swaps, plus the generally 'free-for-all' swap which takes place over the 2 days. I am going to simply make as many as I physically can produce/can carry - that way I know I am going to bringing home loads of lovely ideas from lots of lovely cratfers! (Time to empty my trusty wheel-along crafting tote!)
Of course, I'll also be taking my camera and extra memory cards, so will take lots of photos and get them posted on the blog here when I get back.

bfn,

Su

No comments: