Monday 20 October 2008

Organic Grace Thank You Card

Hi - I'm back!

I'm having so much fun with the new Stampin Up! Idea Book and Catalogue - I love all the new card and papercrafting ideas - and of course lots of fab new stamp sets and punches too.

I spent last night making a dozen of this particular card - for recent customers who have ordered from the new catalogue. I wanted to show them a card using one of the free Level 1 sets and chose Organic Grace. It's my absolute favourite free set at the moment, so I know I shall be making loads more.
I loved the way the pale inks (soft subtles) worked with the plants being in the background, whilst the dragonfly stands out (inked with a richer earth elements colour, night of navy.) I inked the flower in night of navy and stamped onto bashful blue and then roughly cut it out and mounted using 3D foam. Also inked the edges of the white stamped card with night of navy. Of course, I just had to use the new Scalloped Edge punch - not once but twice to give a great finsih to the card.

I used SU Supplies: Organic Grace Stamp Set, Pocket Sillouettes, white cardstock, Not Quite Navy Cardstock and Ink, Certainly Celery Cardstock and Ink, Bashful Blue Cardstock and Ink, Bashful Blue Gingham Ribbon, Scallop Edge Punch.

Thanks for looking.

Su

2 comments:

Sharlene said...

Oh, Su, this is simply gorgeous! I love the softness of the green and then the way the blue just "pops"! Great card!

Su Davis said...

Thanks for your lovely comment Sharlene - and it's nice to know I am back on the net with people having a look!